This simple, four ingredient cheese omelette recipe with zucchini is a great complete meal for kids, especially those who are fussy when it comes to eating veggies. Using four simple, everyday ingredients, this cheesy zucchini omelette provides a quick and easy meal full of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals, such as calcium for healthy bones ideal for a growing toddler.
The whole family will love these delicious cheesy omelette bites, a great finger food snack.
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup preferred cheese, grated
- 1/2 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Optional: Coconut oil (if not using a non-stick pan)
- Heat a non-stick fry pan to medium heat (or add 1 tsp coconut oil to regular fry pan);
- Add to the fry pan the grated zucchini and garlic and saute for approximately 2 minutes or until zucchini has softened. Remove from the heat and set aside;
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until well combined.
- Heat a clean non-stick fry pan to medium heat (or add 1 tsp coconut oil to regular fry pan;
- Add the whisked egg to the fry pan and reduce to a low-medium heat. Move the pan in a circular motion to spread the whisked egg around the pan;
- When the whisked egg starts to cook through, add the softened zucchini/garlic mix to one half of the pan;
- Add the cheese on top of the zucchini and allow the egg to cook through;
- Once the egg is cooked through, fold one half of the omelette on top of the other half and gently remove from the pan;
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into squares (or child’s preferred shape);
- Serve with no-added-sugar tomato sauce, hummus or preferred dip and additional sliced vegetables.