A delicious snack you can knock out in minutes? With only 4 ingredients (plus water) you will have these made in super speed. These are perfect for an afternoon treat with natural apricot-y sweetness to satisfy those 3pm cravings. The kids will love them too but (secretly) this is the kind of food I like to make, hide high in the fridge behind the milk and tell them they’re all gone… I think you will too!
Welcome to Kim of blog, land of zonkt….
Apricot Coconut Balls
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Assembly Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Yields 40 balls
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup raw cashew nuts
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp honey**
2 tbsp water
** Note honey should not be used in children under 1 year old **
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1. Place apricots into a food processor and pulse a few times and then add nuts and pulse until finely diced and combined.
2. Add coconut, honey and water. Process on high until all ingredients are well mixed.
3. Take teaspoon mounds and with wet hands form a ball.
4. Roll balls in coconut and place in a container.
5. Repeat until all filling is gone.
6. Keep in fridge and snack on whenever you get the urge for something sweet.
About the author: G’day, I’m Kim a mum of 2 kidlets and a lover of all things creative, be it food, art or design.
My motto is “Good food doesn’t have to be boring.” whether a Simple Salad, a Smoothie or a Snack.
I love dreaming up all kinds of creative recipes. So come and join me in the Land of Zonkt to see what I dream up next… Find me at the website, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter pages and Pinning here.