We were given the Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer to review and we are excited to share our thoughts on the product.
When my first child was born I bought an ear thermometer that I could never get an accurate reading from. So I bought a standard under the arm digital thermometer. This one was accurate but so frustrating! The kids hated it and this is what we have been using ever since. It would take about a very long minute to get a result, this seemed like an eternity. It was cold, uncomfortable and often the kids would wriggle so much we would have to start again. It pretty much always ended in tears with a child who was usually already distressed. Needless to say it was a disaster, however after my first experience with an ear thermometer I was not keen to try again.
Fast forward to this weekend when we opened the box of our Braun ThermoScan thermometers. They are so quick, with a reading in about 1 second, this was probably the most important aspect for the kids. And it doesn’t cause discomfort, so no cranky kids, WINNING. It was accurate and easy to position, I wasn’t trying to measure their temperature 5 times over. The tip even has patented Pre-Warmed technology, luxury.
So how does it work?
- Turn it on
- Place in a clean lens filter on the probe
- Pop the probe in the ear
- Press the start button, thermometer will BEEP if position is correct
- Read temperature. Eject and dispose of lens filter.
Watch my family use the Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer.
Note this is filmed by my 9 year old, so it is a little bit wobbly. The video features my 4 and 7 year old daughters.
So simple and easy!
Comparing the 2 models.
Features of both the Braun Thermoscan 5 and Braun Thermoscan 7.
- Handy guidance system to ensure correct position in the ear. This is really handy to ensure you are using it correctly!
- Remembers the last temperature. This is useful when you are monitoring an unwell child to see if the temperature is improving or worsening.
- Night light feature. Kids always get sick at night, this makes it easy to use without turning on all the lights.
Features only in the Thermoscan 7
- Colour coded reading. Green means no fever. Red means high fever. Yellow means mild fever
- Age-smart fever guidance. Accommodating the difference in the definition of fever for different age groups. The fever threshold is much lower for newborns than for a 4 year old, so you know when to seek medical advice based on the appropriate age bracket.
- Remembers the last 9 temperatures. Very handy when you are watching to see if the temperature is improving or worsening.
- New model available only from Chemist Warehouse
This is a sponsored review by Braun. Learn more about Braun thermometers