Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree World Heritage Rainforest. There is no shortage of things to see and do in the area and dining out is no exception. There are amazing restaurants covering every cuisine you can imagine. The majority of restaurants are family friendly but of course, there are some that really go the extra mile and provide playgrounds and playrooms to keep the kids occupied.
The following dining options will give you not only great food but also a family friendly atmosphere and somewhere that the kids can feel at ease.
- Cazaly’s Sports Club, Mulgrave Road, Westcourt– Barassi’s Restaurant. Whether you are looking for a lunchtime or evening family meal Cazaly’s will make your family welcome. Family friendly dining with a dedicated kids menu. Brand new, state of the art indoor playground, Kids Club House.
- Hog’s Breath Café, 63 Spence Street, Cairns – Fantastic food and a family friendly environment. Kids are made to feel special with curly fries being a favourite (even for the big kids). Dedicated kids menu. Colouring in options provided.
- Muddy’s Playground & Cafe, The Esplanade, Cairns. Muddy’s is the place to be if you want a relaxing day with the kids and the option to dine in on some fantastic food while they keep themselves busy on the playground. Family friendly food options throughout the day and perfect for an early dinner before tucking the little ones in for the night.
- Trinity Beach Tavern, Vasey Esplanade, Trinity Beach. Perfect for a relaxing waterfront meal with the family. Dedicated kids menu. Playground and playroom including playstations for the bigger kids.
- Fasta Pasta, Sheridan Street, Cairns. Is there anything better than pasta that someone else has cooked for you? Fasta Pasta Cairns is in the heart of the city and provides fantastic pasta, quick service and family friendly dining.
Of course, if DIY is what you are after then you cannot go past the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon area. Free BBQs and picnic tables on the waterfront. Lots of grass for the kids to run around and a relaxed atmosphere for the whole family. Enjoy!
Where is your favourite family restaurant in Cairns?