Children love smoothies even more than adults. With summer approaching why not treat the kids with this berry oat smoothie recipe for afternoon tea. The addition of oats adds a nice flavour and helps you stay fuller for longer.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 large ripe banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons of greek/natural yoghurt (or flavoured)
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of honey if you are using greek/natural yoghurt
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Makes 1 large and 1 small serve.
How do you encouraging your kids to consume fruit? Comment below
Allie from OneHandedCooks is a full time mum and knows what it is like to never have two hands free at any one time. Her website is full of easy to make, delicious recipes which still allow you enough time to wipe a nose, give a cuddle or feed a hungry child. She welcomes comments and your recipes so please feel free to email her, or find her on facebook and twitter. To see all of the OneHandedCooks recipes, click here.