by Kate from Little People, Big Tummies
In my house we love tacos. It’s a great and easy way to get your kids to eat salad. I came up with this because my eldest daughter has food intolerances and I am watching my (and hubby’s) waist line. It was quick and easy for the kids to make their own because they stand up by themselves. Give it a try the kids will love them.
Chilli con- carne
500g of turkey mince
400g tinned tomato
Tablespoon of oregano
Tablespoon of cumin
1/4 cup of fresh coriander
One red onion
2 cloves of garlic
Dash of Tabasco
Dash of worcestershire sauce
One jar of salsa
One yellow capsicum
One tin of red kidney beans (optional)
1. Place onion, cumin, oregano and garlic in a pan and sweat off. Add mince and cook until brown. Add the capsicum and stir through.
2. Add the tomatoes and salsa, once combined add the two sauces and mix through. Cook on low for 10 mins.
3. Add the coriander before serving.
Mountain bread cups
One packet of mountain bread
One muffin tray
1. Pre- heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cut the bread into 1/4’s and place into the muffin tray. Once tray is filled place in the oven for 10 mins or until crispy.
Top Tip: You can choose your own fillings for this.
We like to use lettuce,tomatoes,cheese and avocado.
Instead of sour cream give Greek yoghurt a go! It’s delicious
Kate (Little People, Big Tummies)
About Kate: I try to do new and interesting things for the kid’s school lunches as I was sick of them coming home with their lunch boxes untouched. I know by talking to other parents I am not alone, which is why I started Little People, Big Tummies . My girls and I often cook together as I think it’s a great way to get them interested in healthy eating and trying new things. Not to mention teaching them how to cook which is a great skill to have. To see all of Kate’s recipes, click here.