These are prepacked DIY ones from Spotlight but to make your own is simple and you can have your own personalised Christmas crackers. These also make a great present for school friends or teachers.
Use up last years wrapping paper, or if you want them to fit with your Christmas colour theme use a Christmas paper that co-ordinates your table setting.
You will need:
– Empty toilet rolls
– Medium weight Christmas wrapping paper (or if you have the time, get some butchers paper and have the kids decorate the paper and use that instead)
– Tissue paper (to make party hats)
– Paper and pen
– A ‘dad’ for all those bon bon dad jokes (or do a search on Google)
– Cracker sticks (can be purchased from craft stores)
-First make your party hats with the tissue paper. Measure your children’s head and cut a wide strip. Make it into a crown by cutting triangle shapes along the top
– Using the Christmas wrapping paper, wrap a tube around the toilet paper roll
– Tie a ribbon around one end
– Pop joke, trinket, party hat and cracker stick inside
– Wrap other end with ribbon
Your Christmas Bon bons are complete!
Check out some other Christmas craft and get your kids into the festive spirit with some DIY creations.