Gooey Nutella hot cross buns!! YUMMMM. Filled chocolatey centre in a delicious soft hot cross bun. Warning, they are so good that you may eat them ALL.
Note, I make my hot cross bun dough in the Thermomix, but it can be made by hand or in a bread maker. Recipe by Tanya
Enjoy and Happy Easter 🙂
- Need all Basic Hot Cross Bun ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Make Hot Cross Bun recipe. The second time I left out the sultanas and it was much easier to shape the buns.
3. Place dough in a warm place to double in size.
4. Once dough doubles take a small handful and roll into a ball, push thumb in to make a well. Fill with Nutella ® and then form dough over until completely covered. Place on tray with seal at the bottom
5. Do NOT pipe crosses on like original recipe. Allow to rise for 10-20 minutes then cook for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and glaze with water and sugar mix. Allow to cool.
7. Mix 1/2 Cup of Nutella with enough water to make an icing to pipe crosses on your buns. You can use straight Nutella but its easier to pipe if diluted a little.
8. Eat and Enjoy