by Honey, You Baked!
This is part of our Baby Shower Menu series. Make sure you check out our other mouth watering recipes!
These are an oh-so-healthy version of the regular fried spring rolls.
Mix them up with whatever ingredients you like, but they are perfect for a light lunch or party spread!
You will need
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- 8 green beans, finely chopped
- 8 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots – julienned
- 2 spring onions very finely sliced
- Coriander (you could use finely chopped mint instead)
The How To
- Boil your vermicelli for two minutes and drain.
- Add warm water to a wide, shallow dish and place one of your rice paper sheets in it making sure it is fully submerged.
- In about 30 seconds it will soften completely. Place onto a damp tea towel or chopping board and straighten out so there are no wrinkles.
- Place a small amount of noodles and your other ingredients in a sausage shape about one cm from the bottom edge of the rice paper. Don’t overfill. (At this point put another sheet into your bowl of water. You may need to top up with warm water every halfway through).
- Place the 1cm edge over the filling and start to roll, folding in the edges as you go.
- Keep rolling and tucking until you reach the end of the sheet, you may need to dab some water onto the edges to help them stick at the end.
- Serve with little dishes of soy and sweet chilli for dipping (or any other sauce you like).
Honey, You Baked! is Danni & Mel, two friends and mummies who used to work, cook and play together in Sydney. Now Mel has moved home to Tasmania and the girls spend time blogging about Baking, Making, Books, Babies and just about everything else in between! Drop them a line on facebook, they would love to hear from you!