Toddler Craft Project: Messy Animal Footprints
Here’s a great fun and fabulously messy animal footprint craft activity, ideal for toddlers. Set out a selection of plastic animals and make footprint tracks in paint across a large sheet of paper!
Have fun exploring and comparing the shapes of print the different animals make.
Talk about the colours of paint, the different animals ‘paths’ & foot shapes and try mixing up different colours for some rainbow foot print fun!
You will need:
- Large sheet of paper (try IKEA for large rolls of craft paper)
- Different colours of paint and flat tubs or paper plates for the paint
- Selection of plastic animals – look for different shaped feet (e.g. paws, hooves, flippers etc)
How to make it:
- Tape the paper to the table. This stops it sliding around and controls the mess!
- Set out different colours of paint in separate flat tubs.
- Set out a selection of animals.
- Dip an animal’s feet in paint and have fun making the animal walk, run or dance across the paper, leaving a colourful trail of footprints behind!
- Look at the footprint tracks and compare the various animals.
- Try using different colours or mixing colours together.
Clever Tip: Use your finished work for great and economical gift-wrap. You could even make matching gift tags!