Rocky Road Ice Cream and Chocolate Bowls Dessert Recipe
For all of the chocoholics out there, Easter is definitely the best time of year! It’s the perfect chance to nibble on some chocolate bunnies and eggs. For those of us who are after a delicious chocolate Easter dessert, these Chocolate & Rocky Road Ice Cream Bowls are simply perfect.
It’s really easy to make your own chocolate bowls using melted chocolate and water balloons, however, you can also carefully cut a medium sized hollow chocolate egg in half for the same effect. Fill those chocolate bowls with a scoop or two of decadent rocky road ice cream for a dessert that would do any true chocolate proud!
Chocolate & Rocky Road Ice Cream Bowls Recipe
300g milk chocolate melts (dark or white chocolate can also be used)
1 litre chocolate ice cream
¾ cup unsalted peanuts
1 and ½ cups mini marshmallows
¾ cup chopped Turkish Delight (or raspberry lollies* – please note that if you choose to use raspberry lollies they will become quite hard when frozen)
1. Place the chocolate melts into the microwave on medium temperature for 3 minutes (stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon).
2. Blow up 4 small water balloons and tie the ends.
3. Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature (so that the heat doesn’t pop the balloons).
4. Spray each of the water balloons with cooking spray.
5. Carefully dip each balloon into the chocolate so that it covers ½ – ¾ of the way up the sides of the balloon.
6. Gently place the chocolate balloons onto a baking paper lined tray and hold still for 30 seconds or until the balloon is standing up straight.
7. Set the tray with the chocolate balloons aside (or into the fridge) harden.
8. Take the chocolate ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
9. Place the ice cream into a large bowl.
10. Add the peanuts, mini marshmallows and chopped Turkish Delight (or raspberry lollies*).
11. Stir well until completely combined.
12. Spoon the ice cream mixture into an airtight container and place back into the freezer to set completely.
13. When the chocolate balloons have set, carefully pop the balloons with a pin and discard the plastic.
14. When the ice cream has frozen, take it out of the freezer and scoop into the chocolate bowls.
15. Serve immediately.
*For an extra little Easter touch, place a small bunny or Easter egg on top of each Chocolate & Rocky Road Ice Cream Bowl.
About the author: Hi there! My name is Lucy and I’m a food blogger (and a total and utter chocolate addict). I love to whip up incredibly naughty things in the kitchen…. chocolate and caramel are two of my best friends! Come and join me over on my blog Bake Play Smile or on Facebook for some more sugarific baking adventures!