Recipe by Honey, You Baked!
Summer is all about sunshine, entertaining and fruit! This sweet take on a blini is simple to make using pancake batter and a mini muffin tin. With its golden colour and a tangy sweet hit, it is sure to impress and is perfect for a new take on finger food.
Makes 36 blini cakes
Passionfruit Curd Recipe
- 125g chilled unsalted/salt reduced butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup raw caster sugar
- 170 gram tin of passionfruit or fresh if in season
- 4 egg yolks
The How To:
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized saucepan and cook over a low heat. You’ll need to stir constantly for around 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens up (when you feel the mix start the coat the bottom of the pan it is pretty close).
- It will thicken even more whilst cooling down so don’t worry if it is still slightly runny.
- Push the curd through a sieve to remove the passionfruit seeds and allow to cool.
The curd keeps well in the fridge, so can be made ahead of time.
Blini Cakes Recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare mini muffin tins by brushing or spraying with cooking oil.
- Mix together flour and salt, make a well in the middle and add the milk and egg. Whisk until the mix is smooth.
- Fill each section 1/3 full and bake for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from tin while still warm, you should be able to slightly slide a knife around them and tip them out.
- Flip each mini cake upside down, they will have a slightly sunken appearance, this is fine, more room for topping!
- Once cooled top with a small teaspoon of passionfruit curd and garnish with a baby mint leaf.