Try something different this Easter with these Easter Egg Cake Pops.
You will need:
1 double pack of Oreo biscuits
250g block of cream cheese
1 bag of white chocolate melts
Assorted sprinkles, decorations
1. Empty the Oreo biscuits pack into a blender and in short pulses, break up the biscuits until they are finely crumbed. Place the crumbed biscuits in a large mixing bowl
2. Add a spoonful of cream cheese to the biscuit crumbs and using your fingers, blend the cheese into the crumbs and mix well.
3. If the mixture is still too crumbly, add another spoonful of cream cheese and blend. Keep mixing and adding until a dough with a consistency of play-doh is obtained
4. Pinch off a small amount of the dough in your hand and roll it into a ball. Then with your fingers, simply pinch and shape into an egg. Repeat for the remaining dough.
5. Place the cake pop balls into the fridge and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
6. Remove the cake pop balls from the fridge and set on the table to rest. Meanwhile, place the chocolate melts in a microwavable bowl. Heat the melts in the microwave at 30 sec intervals, stirring between each intervals, until completely molten
7. Grabbing your lollipop stick, dip about 2-3cm of the stick into the melted chocolate and while the eggs are still cool, insert the stick into the middle of the cake pop
8. With your cake pop lollipop, dip the egg into the melted chocolate. Tap gently to remove the excess coating by either tapping on the tip of the bowl or by shaking the cake pop gently above the mixture.
9. While the coating is still wet, working quickly, decorate the Easter Egg Cake Pop with 100s and 1000s or any of your favourite sprinkles
If you don’t own a blender, simply place the biscuits in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin
To make an egg shape the easy way, you can simply buy a plastic easter egg at your local dollar shop! Place the oreo dough into the mould, snap shut and when you remove the dough, it’ll be egg shaped!
You can substitute lollipop sticks with paper straws, popsicle sticks etc