Dinner Winner Salmon & Vegetable Fritters from My Baby Gourmet
There’s nothing more delicious than a simple, healthy dinner that the whole family can enjoy. Perfect for Good Friday, (being meat free) these salmon & veggie fritters are sure to become a family favourite.
Ingredients for salmon fritters
- Tablespoons olive oil
- 250g Salmon flaked
- 2 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 1 large Potato
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1/2 cup creamed corn
- 1/4 cup spring onions/ shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- Herbs/seasoning of choice
- Peel and grate the potatoes and zucchini and squeeze out extra juices through a colander
- Finely chop the coriander and spring onions
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat the remaining olive oil in pan over medium heat
- Dollop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture onto the pan and flatten using a spatula
- Cook each fritter for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden in colour
- Remove and drain excess oil from cooking onto paper towel.
Serve with natural or Greek yoghurt as a substitute for dipping sauce.
About the Author: My name is Fareshta and I’m a first time mum to Jacob, a bubbly 8 month old boy. I’ve always enjoyed a passion for cooking and food and am a believer that good food is the most important part of a healthy lifestyle. I love teaching Jacob to eat well and want to inspire other mothers by sharing the importance of eating well from an early age.