Halloween doesn’t have to be a single nights celebration. Get into the spooky spirit with your kids the whole month of October with Halloween cooking, decorating and craft to help create a fun atmosphere around the celebration. Being the mum is your excuse to stretch out the fun! Enter the Rice Bubble Frankensteins!
Whether you’re just looking for a creepy Halloween cooking project for an afternoon activity or have a party to go to and want to take a Halloween themed snack these delicious Rice Bubble munchies are as adorable as they are easy.
As well as being kid-friendly and Halloween themed, this recipe is also a great choice as it uses pantry staples that are budget-friendly! Here’s how to get your Halloween cooking on with Rice Bubble Frankensteins!
Halloween Cooking: Rice Bubble Frankensteins
Ingredients for Rice Bubble Frankensteins
- 3-4 tablespoons of butter
- 300g of marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice bubbles
- Green food colouring (use as much or as little as you like)
- Chocolate melts
- Small marshmallows or candy eyes
Instructions to make Rice Bubble Frankensteins
- On a slow heat melt the butter in a large pot, add the marshmallows. Stir until they are melted
- Add green food colouring and stir
- Add rice bubbles to the mixture and stir so that the rice bubbles are coated with melted marshmallows
- Put mixture into a rectangle baking tin lined with baking paper
- Press the rice bubble mixture flat into the tin and let cool for 20 minutes
- Cut into small rectangles
- Melt chocolate as per instructions on package.
- Dip the tops of the rice bubble rectangles then lay them flat on baking paper
- Use melted chocolate and a small piping bag to draw on face and as glue for the eyes.
- Let the Frankensteins sit so the chocolate sets for about 20 minutes or so
Want to mix it up a little bit more? Kelloggs have a similar recipe on their website which includes making your Rice Bubble Frankensteins on a paddle pop stick.
Here’s to a great Halloween of making memories and building family traditions. If your kids are going trick or treating stay safe with these tips.