by Allie from OneHandedCooks
Do you find yourself searching for a healthy yet tasty snack for your children? These little sultana oat biscuits, with sultanas and oats are full of goodness with no butter or sugar. You will feel good knowing your little ones are just as happy snacking on something that’s good for them.
½ cup white plain flour
½ cup wholemeal plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup rolled oats
1 cup carrot, finely grated
¼ cup sultanas
¼ cup apricots, finely chopped
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
½ cup apple puree/sauce
¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift flours, baking powder and spices into a bowl.
3. Stir in oats, carrot, sultanas, apricots, coconut, chia seeds and apple puree.
4. Stir through the oil until just combined. Take tablespoons full of mixture and roll into balls, place on the baking tray. Continue until you have finished the mixture.
5. Gently flatten each ball of mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
6. Keep in airtight container for up to 1 week.