Salmon Baby Food Recipe, by Allie from OneHandedCooks
This delicious salmon baby food recipe with vegie mash is rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids and vitamins and minerals, perfect for growing babies. Introducing fish early, in a variety of different ways will help little ones accept the new flavour and texture and embrace it as one of their favourite foods. Plus, it’s a great option for Good Friday.
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced
- 2 tbsp frozen baby peas
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 100g fresh salmon fillet (or tinned)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp ricotta or grated cheese (optional)
1. Place potato and sweet potato in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the peas and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the potato and sweet potato are soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Steam the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
3. Poach the salmon in small saucepan of water for 2-3 minutes. The salmon should flake easily and be cooked through.
4. Combine the potato, sweet potato, broccoli and peas in a bowl. Add in the milk and mash together. Flake through the salmon, stir in the ricotta or cheese and serve. (Puree together for a smoother consistency).
Allie from OneHandedCooks is a full time mum and knows what it is like to never have two hands free at any one time. Her website is full of easy to make, delicious recipes which still allow you enough time to wipe a nose, give a cuddle or feed a hungry child. She welcomes comments and your recipes so please feel free to email her, or find her on facebook and twitter. To see all of the OneHandedCooks recipes, click here.