Recipe by Honey, You Baked!
Perfect for party season entertaining, this prawn dish is easy to put together but looks spectacular. What says Summer more than prawns and mangoes. Summer on a spoon – yum!
Asian soup spoons can be found in most department stores and Asian grocers. I’ve also seen disposable bamboo ones in discount stores. This could also be served in shot glasses or mini bowls if you don’t have Asian soup spoons.
- 1 mango, ripe but still a bit firm
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander with some additional small leaves kept aside for garnish
- A few drops of sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- A dozen cooked prawns, peeled and deveined with tail intact
- A teaspoon of fresh Rocket micro herbs for garnish (optional)
- Asian soup spoons for serving
The How To:
- Remove one small cheek from your mango by running a sharp knife down the mango alongside the pip. Set aside.
- Cut up the remaining mango and remove the skin. Place the mango pieces into a stick mixer/food processor and whiz until silky smooth.
- Add your tablespoon of fresh coriander and lime juice and whiz until the coriander is finely chopped.
- Very sparingly add a couple of drops of sesame oil to the mix (pouring your drops into a teaspoon away from the mix first. The oil is very strong, this way you don’t drop too much into your mix.)
- You may need to add up to four drops depending on the size of your mango, but taste as you go, it should only be a hint of sesame, to add a savoury note to the sauce. Give another quick whiz to combine.
- Pop a heaped tablespoon of the mix onto your serving spoons. Place your prawn on top with the tail facing up the handle of the spoon. You may need to cut a small slit into the prawn a couple of sections back from the base of the tail to enable it to sit properly (hide the slit with some garnish.)
- Chop some of your remaining mango into very fine cubes.
- Garnish with the small coriander leaves and micro-herb rocket, followed by mango cubes.
This recipe is part of our SUMMER ENTERTAINING collection. Click here to see more recipes that are perfect for summer.