With school holidays here, these dairy free chocolate banana pops are a fun and interactive treat for children to make. They are deliciously healthy and the perfect indulgent dessert!
With only 4 simple ingredients you’ll whip them up in no time, yummo! So get the kids in to the kitchen and start them making these delicious banana treats/
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao butter (or sub good quality dark chocolate)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Toppings such as shredded coconut, chopped chocolate, chopped nuts
- Peel the bananas and chop each one in half. Place the halved bananas on a freezer-safe plate and place in the freezer;
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the cacao butter in the microwave until melted (approximately 1-2 minutes);
- Stir through the cacao powder and rice malt syrup and stir until smooth;
- Remove the banana from the freezer and push a stick through the chopped end of the banana;
- Dip the banana in the chocolate mixture and then quickly dip in chosen topping (optional). The chocolate should solidify immediately;
- Continue until all bananas have been dipped in the chocolate mixture;
- Store dairy free nana-choc pops in the freezer.
- Note: Cacao powder is a source of caffeine. For a caffeine-free option replace cacao powder with carob powder.