For our carnival themed party we have carnival themed party bags, carnival themed food and of course the carnival themed entertainment.
We didn’t want to spend a crazy amount of money so most of these games can be done on a tight budget or with things you have at home.
from Active Games
- These awesome bumpers had the kids running around all party. We had 3 and they had so much fun bumping into each other. And no injuries.
- Everyone who has a turn gets some play money to buy something from the prize table.
Shoot a duck game
- Set up some ducks or other toys on a narrow piece of wood
- Alternatively you can use a golf ball on a golf tee
- Use a nerf gun or water gun to knock them off
- The kids had a ball with this one!
- Such a simple game but it kept everyone entertained, including a few of the adults.
- Hang a cinnamon donut per child from a tree or like we did from a playground
- Adjust height to ensure each child can reach
- Children try to eat donuts with their hands behind their backs
- The only problem was when some of the donuts fell off into the sand, so have a few spares.
Photo Prop from Shop Now HQ
- have some fun getting the kids taking their pictures with this carnival photo prop
- We got some very cute photos of the kids using this photo prop.
Photo Booth Set Up
- I tethered my camera (Canon SLR) to my computer and put on a tripod
- There is a program on the Canon camera that comes on the software called EOS utility which allows remote shooting using the computer
- Hang up a plain sheet for a backdrop
- Gather props eg scarves, glasses, hats, photo frames
- My kids LOVE dressing up, so this was heaps of fun
- After the party send the photos out to all the families who attended as a momento of the day, or have a printer there to print as you go
These awesome photo props were custom made for us by Not Made in China Sewing
- A simple game that had the kids lining up for a turn.
- Mark 3 tubs with the numbers 1, 2, 3
- Kids take turns in trying to throw the ball into a bucket.
- They get 3 points for the bucket the furthest away, 2 points for the bucket in the middle and 1 point for the closest bucket.
- Change the starting line depending on the age of the kids, older kids throw from further back