Put a little wow factor on your Christmas table without spending HOURS learning to create the perfect dessert. We’ve found literally the easiest wow factor Christmas cheesecake recipe and it only takes a few minutes to make. Oh and cheesecake, om nom nom. Make it Christmas eve or even a few days before, this puppy will keep in the fridge if you can be trusted not to eat it all before the big day!
Easy Christmas Cheesecake Ingredients
Serves: 12 – 16 (or one breastfeeding mum)
- 2 cups scotch finger biscuit crumbs (put bikkies in a plastic sealed bag and smack with a rolling pin until crumbs – this is very therapeutic, or you know, use a blender… either way)
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 500g cream cheese, soften on the bench while you get all the other stuff organised
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1.5 cups thickened whipped cream
- 2.5 cups Christmassy berries – tinned pitted cherries, frozen blueberries, strawberries or raspberries – pick whichever you like best! Frozen berries are usually cheap this time of year and they are actually better than fresh for this recipe!
- 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- Fresh berries (whatever is on sale as long as they’re colourful!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Simple Christmas Cheesecake Recipe – Directions
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Chill time: overnight
- Mix the crumbs and sugar in a bowl and then add butter until it “clumps”. Depending on the biscuit crumbs you use, there may be a little more or a little less butter required.
Tip: Add a little cinnamon or powdered ginger to the crust for a little zest!
- Line a 9 inch spring form pan with baking paper carefully (so crumbs don’t break apart on removal) and press crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pan. The crust should be about half a centimetre thick. Press the crumbs at the top to make it an “even” edge. Put it in the fridge to chill. Should be firm before adding filling.
- Whip the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar with a beater until smooth.
- Whisk your cream until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold whipped cream through the mix stirring only enough to combine but not enough to lose all the light fluffy texture.
- Carefully pour into the crust and smooth the top over until it looks fabulous and like you just want to eat it right now.
- Once everything starts to set (3 hours) cover with plastic wrap – this uber easy Christmas cheesecake is good to go – except for the wow factor cherry (or blueberry) on top.
Tip: You can add a shot or two of Baileys here to make it really wow!
Wow factor Cheesecake topping
The best bit about this Christmas cheesecake recipe is that it’s 100% fail proof. If your cheesecake isn’t looking the way you wanted it to look, don’t worry, you’re going to top it with so much wow factor nobody will even notice. And the wow factor bit, is the easiest part of this Christmas cheesecake recipe! WINNER WINNER CHEESECAKE FOR DINNER.
The Berry Compote topping
- Put your frozen berries in a saucepan on low.
- Add the lemon juice
- Keep stirring gently until the berries start to “melt”
- Once they’re looking pretty sauce-like, start stirring in the sugar
- Keep adding sugar until it’s sweet enough for you but don’t add more than a cup or you’ll find you have berry jam, not berry compote!
- Stir on low until the compote starts to thicken just a little.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate.
Christmas Day Wow Factor Cheesecake
Just before serving, top your cheesecake with fresh berries. Pile them up in a big old mess of colour and wow factor. Carefully pour the chilled compote over the top of the whole thing. Let it run down the sides and fill the gaps between the berries. Garnish with a sprig of festive mint if the mood takes you.
This is by far the easiest Christmas cheesecake recipe – guaranteed 100% numpty proof and ready to go with very little preparation. Got left over filling and sauce? Why not make yourself a little mini cheesecake shot, or three, after all you totally deserve it! Get our Christmas Cheesecake Shot Recipe here. Merry Christmas from all at Baby Hints and Tip!