Super simple Easter Craft For Young Kids
Get the kids to make their own Easter baskets this year with this super easy tutorial. All kids love Easter craft and this one is so simple, mums will love it too.
You will need:
- 1 piece of pink cardboard
- double sided tape
- craft glue
- paint brush
- cotton balls
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 pink pom pom
1. Print the Easter Bunny basket template onto a sheet of pink cardboard. If you don’t have pink cardboard you could use grey or white and get the kids to colour it in. Creativity is key!
2. Cut around the outside of the basket template, including the handle.
3. Cut along the dashed lines on the template.
4. Fold along the dotted lines. Fold inside so the dots are on the inside of the basket.
5. Cut four pieces of double-sided tape. They only need to be big enough to hold the edges of the basket together. If you don’t have double-sided tape craft glue will also work but you will need to allow time for it to dry.
6. Working one side at a time, bring the edges of the basket together sticking the ends inside each other with the double sided tape.
7. Cover one side with craft glue and attach the cotton balls. It is easiest if you work one side at a time to contain the mess!
8. When you are at the back of the basket stick the pink pom pom in the middle as a tail.
9. Place two dabs of glue on the bunny’s head where the eyes will go and stick the eyes on.
10. Cut two more pieces of double-sided tape and use these to stick the handle inside the basket.
Voila! Now you have a basket for the Easter Bunny to leave some special treats in this weekend. Enjoy the Easter magic!
About the Author: Sara Keli is the Editor of Kid Magazine, an online magazine for mums who like style, pretty things and looking after themselves (and their families!) You can find her at www.kidmagazine.com.au for more craft, recipes, style and fun!