I made these Christmas strawberry Santas with cream cheese last year and they were a real hit, I’ll make them again this year. In reality strawberries in the punnet are all different sizes so they don’t turn out looking perfect but I like that they are all unique and a little drunken 🙂
1 cup cream cheese
¼ cup sifted icing sugar
2 punnets strawberries
Decorations for eyes (cake decorating aisle of supermarket, or liquorice/raisons)
I also added a little Bailey’s to a batch made for the adults, but this is optional
1. Rinse strawberries well
2. Cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top, (enough for a hat).
3. Clean out the bottom of the strawberry with a knife or spoon
4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla (and Bailey’s for adults only) until creamy.
5. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag (or I used a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off). Fill the strawberries with creamy cheese mixture.
6. Once strawberries are filled, top with the ‘hats.’ Decorate according to your taste (why not make them all different or let the kids decorate?)
7. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.