by Holly Connors from Simplify Create Inspire
We all know how challenging it can be to get our kids to each vegetables. Particularly toddlers, who can be adverse to new textures and strong flavours. This has inspired many an experiment in the kitchen, working on sneaky ways to have my toddler not only eating, but also enjoying her veggie filled meals.
This fritter or pattie recipe is a simple and effective way to have your kids not only loving their veggies but hopefully coming back for seconds and thirds! And an added bonus, these patties can be prepared in advanced and warmed up or eaten cold for nutritious snacks between meals. With only 5 ingredients in the recipe, they are a winner all round!
1.5 cups of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 head of broccoli
1/2 head of cauliflower
1 cup of breadcrumbs
3 large eggs
Salt, pepper and seasoning
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and prepare 2 trays with baking paper.
2. Steam veggies until soft and allow to cool. Dice into small pieces.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese in large bowl. Add seasoning to taste.
4. Add diced veggies and mix well.
5. Using hands, roll mix into large balls and flatten on trays in shape of patties.
6. Bake in oven until golden brown. Approximately 15-20 minutes. Flip halfway if needed.