So your child has lost their first tooth!! It’s time to celebrate the milestone. Children all lose teeth on their own schedule.
We thought we would also share a few things we have learnt from our experience with children losing teeth…
1. Tradition states that your child should put their tooth under the middle of their pillow. Ahhh no! You will get caught trying to forage under their pillow in the middle of the night. Get them to put it in a special case or glass next to the bed
2. How Much? Ok of course this one is up to you, but remember to start as you mean to go on. They have a LOT of teeth. Its not a competition, a small amount of money means a lot at this age. A gold coin is pretty standard in most circles.
3. When you forget…ok its not an if, its a when. We all do it, don’t worry. BUT if you are prepared you can be a step ahead. Here are some ideas to manage the incident.
4. CELEBRATE – we have some very cool free printables below. Lost tooth certificate and a receipt for the lost tooth.
5. Use it to your advantage. If your child’s room is an absolute mess, we have the answer for you. Read about how the Tooth Fairy doesn’t like messy rooms!
6. Get your story straight about the Tooth Fairy early on. You will get LOTS of questions.
Print our your Lost Tooth Certificate
Print out your Tooth Receipt to help commemorate the moment.
When your child’s bedroom is too messy for the tooth fairy to get to the tooth, they might receive a tooth receipt, the fair will try again tomorrow.