Whether you’re after a yummy lunch box filler or an easy after school snack, these Cheesy and Bacon Mini Quiches are sure to be a hit with even the fussiest of eaters! If you like to be super organised, then why not make a big double batch and freeze the quiches in individual portions until you need them – this is a great way to take the stress out of midweek lunches.
This is a really versatile recipe and can be easily adapted to suit your tastes. Why not try substituting the broccoli for a tin of corn? Or for something a little more gourmet, how about using prosciutto, feta and sundried tomatoes? Whichever way you choose to enjoy your quiches, you can be guaranteed that the crispy pastry and oh-so-delicious fillings will become a firm family favourite in no time at all.
Cheese and bacon mini quiche recipe
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cheese and bacon mini quiche ingredients:
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 7 large eggs, lightly whisked (8 if using smaller eggs)
Cheese and bacon mini quiche method:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- Cut twelve 10cm circles from the pastry sheets (4 circles per sheet).
- Line each of the muffin holes with one pastry circle.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan until just cooked.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Place the eggs into a jug and lightly whisk.
- Equally divide the bacon and broccoli between the muffin holes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bacon and broccoli.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Leave in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Lucy: Hi there! My name is Lucy and I’m a food blogger (and a total and utter chocolate addict). I love to whip up incredibly naughty things in the kitchen…. chocolate and caramel are two of my best friends! Come and join me over on my blog Bake Play Smile or on Facebook for some more sugarific baking adventures!