Baby cutting multiple teeth at once can be a hard time for the whole family. Our resident dentist discusses the facts about teeth eruption and our community share how they knew when their baby was teething.
Our 20 week old is cutting multiple teeth at once with 4 teeth coming through and his gums are swollen in a few more places with even more. Has anyone else had so many come through at the same time?
- Yes our lil man got his first 2 teeth at 4 months. At 7 months he had 3 top teeth come through in one day & the 4th came a couple of days later. Everyone keeps saying it’s better to have multiple cut through at one time.. Tabby
- Our first son did the same. Lots at once, and no real pattern. He had 3 coming thru at one point, just over a week after cutting his first two. There is no hard and fast for teething. Anything is normal. Alice
- My almost 1 year old has been cutting 6 teeth at once. Lots of cold compresses, Panadol if required, lots of things to chew on. And often I haven’t realised why he has been so upset. Juanita
- My little one gets most of hers in big groups. The first 2 came separately then the next 2 came together, then she got 6 in one go then 8 in the next lot She only has her 2yo molars to go I swear by the amber necklaces though! It truly made a difference Alicia
- Yep, 2 bottom ones came in together, then the 2 top, then the next 2 at the top, all at about 6 months. She just got 2 more at the bottom a week before her first birthday. All her teeth came in pairs! Carly
- We had 6 and they were cross cutting. Haven’t had anymore since they came through 3.5 months ago. Sarah-Jane
- Yes, my little man had 8 cut through in the space of 5 weeks! It was a struggle. Thank god for Panadol! Delphine
- My son cut 5 teeth at once followed closely by another 3…….wasn’t a fun time! Put a clean damp face washer in the freezer till it’s nice and cold then let chew on it. The cold will help the pain and the washer is soft so won’t hurt. Rhiannon
- My baby seemed to be teething virtually from birth, she dribbled so much we had to keep plastic backed bibs on her. She got her teeth in groups of and had 12 teeth before she was a year old. If they seem like they’re teething they probably are and I’m a true believer in pain remedies, I kept her dosed up from when the pain was really bothering her until they were through and then after if required because sometimes the cutting is the easier bit and it’s the bit where they really start coming through that’s the painful time. Alex
- My now 11 month old has all her teeth and cutting molars, each kid is different Alice
- My son got 8 teeth in the span of 6 weeks starting at 4 months, once he was done he was fine and didn’t start teething again until he was nearly 15 months old. So he had a nice break—so did I. Hang in there it will end…and it is normal. Jillian
- Yes my little grandson seemed to get 2-3 together and they all came thru close including molars. Thank god for Ashton and Parsons. Never a tear or temp. We just looked and saw them. Barbara