by Lose Baby Weight
If you eat well and exercise regularly, you’ll lose weight. The problem is if you’re not motivated enough to do those things.
A successful weight loss plan requires you to be motivated – and if you’re not motivated, you won’t be able to stick to your diet or exercise plan. To help you out, here are our favourite motivational tips at Lose Baby Weight.
- Have a clear, consistent set of goals in your mind and write them down. Whether you’re thinking about the big picture, or whether you’re just thinking in terms of what you can achieve every month, know what you want – knowing this will really help to motivate you.
- Give yourself a reward every once in a while. Losing weight is tough and it can be mentally draining, so give yourself a pick me up in the form of a facial, shoes or handbag.
- Don’t cut out everything. You might want to eat nothing but wholesome, healthy foods, but in reality, you’ll want to eat chocolate or have a glass of wine every once in a while. And that’s fine – just allow for those calories in your diet plan or work them off with more exercise.
- If you want a takeaway every once in a while, or if you want to go out with friends, or you just want a tub of ice cream – have it. Once a week or once a month, let yourself succumb to what you want to eat. The problem with “diets” is that you can’t stick to them, whereas if you have a healthy eating plan that involves eating treats occasionally, you can!
- If you’re new to exercise, it can be difficult to get motivated. Make it easier on yourself by going with a friend. That way, you have someone else to answer to – so you’ll be more likely to stick to a plan.
- Equally, if you’re new to exercise, a great way to get you out of the house is to walk the dog. If you don’t have a dog, borrow a dog from a friend, family member or neighbour and walk it once a day for at least 30 minutes. Dogs need to be walked and you need to exercise – simple!
- If you find that you’re a little lazy in the mornings when it comes to exercising, sleep in your workout clothes – in the morning, all you need to do is hop out of bed and run out the door!
- Plan, plan and plan some more. Planning is your friend – plan out your meals, snacks, breakfast, smoothies, drinks etc. Write it all down and stick to it. Write down the foods you need for the week, buy them in one shop – the more shops you do the more likely you are to buy impulsively – and then you will always have something “good” to eat.
- If you have tracking tools available to you, use them. Or just write things down. Keep a notebook with you and write down your inch loss and your weight loss – seeing these numbers go down can be very rewarding – you can also use our free tracking tool here.
- Don’t worry if it doesn’t all come off at once. It takes 9 months to nurture a baby, so it could take even longer for the weight to come off.
Lose Baby Weight
This article was written by the Lose Baby Weight & Healthy Mummy writer for the Lose Baby Weight website and The Healthy Mummy site. You can get daily health & weight loss tips at the Lose Baby Weight Facebook page, with over 45,000 other mums. To see all their articles, click here.